Michael London began his career more than two decades ago as a journalist.
During seven years at The Hartford Courant, London moved from reporter to assistant business editor to regional bureau chief. For three years, he was a spokesman for New England’s largest utility, Northeast Utilities, where he developed and presented company positions on television, radio and in print. London also served as a spokesman for Combined Insurance Company of America.
For five years, London served a Fortune 500 manufacturing company, Lone Star Industries, Inc., as Director of Corporate Relations, responsible for both external and internal communications. He formed Michael J. London & Associates in 1990.
London was Chairman of the Public Relations Committee for Greater New Haven’s Taste of the Nation and has served as a Subcommittee Chairman of the United Way of Greater Hartford. He has been a part-time journalism instructor in the undergraduate Journalism Department of the University of Connecticut.
London is a member of the National Investor Relations Institute, Public Relations Society of America, Newcomen Society in North America, International Association of Business Communicators, and Society of Professional Journalists. London has been listed in Who’s Who in the East, Marquis Who’s Who, since 1989.
London’s individual awards include:
- Bronze Quill from the International Association of Business Communicators
- The Matrix Award – Annual Reports
- Two Awards of Merit, International Association of Business Communicators
- Finalist, Annual Report Conference
- First Place, General Reporting, Society of Professional Journalists, Connecticut Chapter
- Two Honorable Mentions, Spot News, Society of Professional Journalists, Connecticut Chapter